Wednesday, March 10, 2010

the sound of silence

this morning, all I hear is the rain on the roof. the kids are off to school, brook is off to work, the dog sleeps at my feet. its a lovely feeling, sitting in silence. i try to breathe deep and not think about the stack of work on my desk, or the impending classes that i need to have assignments ready for. as i look out my window i see birds flitting quickly from branch to branch, the green of pine boughs and the dynamic cloudy sky. on my windowsil, an abalone shell reminds me of the beach. pens are still. i am still.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Sheesh!!! I would not know the feeling, one day my time will come! For now I am learning to love the noise......and I do!

a u said...

haha Sarah...your lucky...seriously the stillness will come soon enough and then you will feel OLD LIKE ME! :) Love you