Thursday, March 25, 2010

happy birthday to me!


I am turning 40. I suppose it isn't a big deal. It is just a number. However, it is a BIG number. I suspect what gives me pause is that whole "mid life" crisis thing. Yes, mortality looms larger as your age gets higher. There are some concerns...like "i'm too old to join the CIA and have the secret spy double life I've always wanted!" Silly me. I still feel like the world is my oyster and anything is possible. It is, I just run a little slower to the ice cream truck than I used to. Anywho, when I look at all I've done, the places I've been, my wonderful daughters, my fantastic husband, its been a wonderful ride. I would just like to have a whole lot more of it! So, in the end, I embrace the age, and who I am. So cheers to 40!


xo

A-

4 comments:

Udall Family said...

40? I don't believe it, more like 20. Seriously age is just a number. Oh and I am very excited to be follower #1!

Sarah said...

Partner in crime: You'll always be 18 to me.

gmateresa said...

Happy Birthday, little sister, I loved your post about your age and will try to embrace it, in May when I turn 56 years old. That should make your 40 seem way better. Your sister who loves you. Terry

sarah said...

You will forever be younger to me!