Friday, December 4, 2009

True happiness


doesn't come from external things. I know this. But can I just say a few things make me really happy? Of course, number one being my family. Fact. I love them with an eternal, undying love. Besides loving my family, however, I love live music. More specifically, I love David Gray. Why, you may ask? He is a fairly average looking, short Welshman. But there is magic in his music! I love its poetry, its tone, its atmosphere. There is insight, and passion and a sense of elation and creation.
I'm typically not so obsessed with celebrity or other musicians. However, he matters to me...in a way I can't say why. When he sings, he gives every part of himself to the music. And he wears tailored suits. Go figure. Its amazing he came to Sacramento, when I couldn't even get tickets to see him in San Francisco. I just respect and admire him for his tenacity and particularly for his passionate creative style. Merry Christmas to me!

1 comment:

gmateresa said...

I love your passion! Terry